Home | A-Z Sitemap | Store | Jobs
The following core beliefs provide the foundation for our program:
• We believe that respecting diversity is one of Head Start’s strengths. We respect children and families of all cultures, races and ethnic backgrounds.
• We believe that the early education learning environment, whether in the home or in a school, should provide a rich variety of activities that will foster Cognitive, Social/Emotional and Physical development.
• We believe that our program can be a catalyst for change as we partner with families and the community to provide social services geared to empower and bring about a higher degree of independence for low-income families.
• We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children and must be directly engaged in the program.
• We believe that each child should be given opportunities to develop to his/her highest potential. We are sensitive and responsive to children and families with special needs.
• We believe in the power of comprehensive services. Head Start strives to develop the whole child, addressing issues of intellect and education, physical health and nutrition, mental health and emotional growth.
1. Promote opportunities for parental engagement, education, and empowerment.
2. Provide comprehensive, early intervention services to children and families, connecting home and school.
We ask that you do not bring children under the age of 18 with you when you attend training presented by Region 7 ESC. Thank you for your cooperation.
1909 North Longview Street | Kilgore, Texas 75662 | Phone: 903.988.6700 | Fax: 903.988.6708
Webmaster@esc7.net | Customer Feedback | Directions to Region 7 | View ESC Closings | Scorecard
© Copyright 2017 Region 7 Education Service Center. All rights reserved.